Google AdSense: It is used to earn money from your website or blog. This is very popular service to monetize your blog or website content. its also display targeted Google ads on your blog and they can generate revenue pay per click or impression basis. If you want to earn money on your blog , you should first Sign up Google AdSense program.
Note: AdSense allow only 3 ad units, 3 link units and 2 search boxes
In this tutorial I will show how to add AdSense three ways
1. AdSense Gadget
This is the first method to add AdSense unit as a widget in any outside the blog post area. You can define position it by simply drag the page elements. Steps to add gadget
Step 1. Go to Blogger Dashboard >> layout >> click on the "Add a Gadget" link
Step 2. Pop-up window, select AdSense Gadget
Step 3. Configure ad format and Save, you are done.
2. Inline Ads
This Method display ad unit below each blog post
Step 1. Go to layout > Page Elements and click the Edit link in Blog Posts gadget.
Step 2. Check the (Show Ads Between Posts) box
Step 3. Configure ad and Save.
3. AdSense code
The benefits of this method are;
- You can place AdSense ad any where in your blog
- Different ad formats etc..
To create an ad unit;
1. Go to Google AdSense website.
2. Click on ads tab and go to Ad units and then press the "New ad unit" button.
3. Choose your ad type, color, channel etc.
4. After finish, click on save and get code, ad copy the code.
To add an ad unit to your blog, with the following options
- Paste the code direct in your template